The City Clerk’s Office is not responsible for events that have been cancelled, moved or contain incomplete information. Please refer to the Event Contact Information if there are any questions.
The event times indicate the start time of the event, not the duration. You can select a Department from the dropdown below to show only the related events.
You can also view this calendar in a List View.
Public Meeting - Fall Transit System Changes
- Date: 02/20/2018 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Mayo High School Cafeteria
1420 11 Ave SE
- Introduction: Significant changes are planned for October 2018. Come hear more about it, and have a chance to ask questions and share feedback. Presentations at 4:45 and 6pm.
In May 2017, the City of Rochester adopted the 2017-2022 Transit Development Plan (TDP), which will guide Rochester Public Transit (RPT) as it grows and develops. Some elements of the plan have already been implemented: earlier weekday morning service; later weekday evening service; expansion of Saturday hours; and the establishment of Sunday and holiday service that repeats the expanded Saturday hours.
Big changes in fall 2018!
The TDP calls for even more ambitious changes in 2018. In developing the plan, the public made it clear that they wanted more service during off-peak hours (midday, evenings, and weekends) and more opportunities to transfer without going downtown to do so. The TDP proposes a restructuring of RPT’s routes to better serve the public:
- The routes will have new numbers
- Routes will run in the same direction and along the same paths regardless of the time of day or day of the week
- All routes will run twice every hour during peak hours, and at least once an hour during off-peak hours (except for those serving park-and-ride lots, which will run more frequently but only during peak hours)
- Most routes will run from 5:00 am until 8:00 pm on weekdays
- Nine routes will operate from 5:00 am until 11:00 pm on weekdays, as well as from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm on weekends and holidays; these routes will follow the same path and use the same number at all times
- A crosstown loop will be established, traveling along the Beltline (US-14), East Circle Dr, West Circle Dr, and other roadways, to create more opportunities for riders to transfer between routes without going downtown
- More overlap of route paths and connections at termini, allowing for more transfer opportunities outside of downtown