Subd.21. The licensee or applicant has completed either the Landlord Public Safety Seminar or the Phase I of the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program, or has submitted a comparable certificate from a crime free multi-housing program from another jurisdiction. A licensee or applicant satisfies this requirement by proof that its management company has completed this program. Existing license holders must satisfy this requirement prior to May 1, 2011.
(This ordinance applies to all persons that own rental property in Rochester.)
There are currently two (2) options available:
1) Attend a class (Contact Darrel Hildebrant at 328-6890 or email@example.com)
2) View the online Public Safety Information Video, download the exam and update sheet, complete and mail or return the exam to our office with your remittance of $35.00. If your property is not currently licensed, please come into our office at 2122 Campus Drive SE to complete an application and schedule a required inspection to ensure the property is safe for your tenants to occupy.
Public Safety Exam
Rental Property Owner Update Sheet
If your property is not currently licensed, please come into our office at 2122 Campus Drive SE to complete an application and schedule a required inspection to ensure the property is safe for your tenants to occupy.
Rental License Registration Form
Crime-Free Multi-Housing Background Check Resources Credit Bureaus
- Equifax 1-800-711-5341
- Trans-Union 1-800-888-4213
- Experian 1-800-397-3742
- Local Records Checks (Olmsted County and the City of Rochester)
- ASP Screening
- Multihousing Credit Control
- Rental Research Services
Free Web Searches:
|Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) (please read compliance agreement on the web prior to use)||http://www.bca.state.mn.us/bca.asp|