Pipsqueaks, Rochester’s INDOOR play zone, is designed for children kindergarten-age and younger to play under parental/guardian supervision. A community partnership between the Rochester Park & Recreation Department and the United Way of Olmsted County Inc., Pipsqueaks offers young children a safe, clean play space to burn off energy during the long winter months. In addition, parents and their kids can share in activities, meet with existing playgroups and make new friends.
Pipsqueaks is designed to offer safe play zones loaded with toys and activities, that kindergarten-age and younger children will enjoy, including:
- Climb and Slide Zone with new play equipment and safety flooring.
- Riding Zone featuring a pedal merry-go-round, a mini roller coaster and room for riding toys!
- Imagination Zone features a playhouse, lego and train tables, and computers!
- Toddler/Crawler Zone with toys scaled for our youngest friends, with seating for parents with infants.
In addition, Pipsqueaks is staffed and maintained by the Rochester Park & Recreation Dept. to ensure a clean, consistent environment. And, it provides convenient restroom access with changing area.
Pipsqueaks is located in the gymnasium of the United Way of Olmsted County Inc., 903 West Center Street in Rochester.
- From downtown Rochester, follow Center Street west to 9th Avenue. Turn right. United Way will be on your left.
- From Highway 52, take the Second Street SW exit and go east to 11th Avenue. Turn left on 11th Avenue and go 3 blocks to First Street NW. Turn right on First Street NW. United Way will be on your right.
Enter through the new Pipsqueaks entrance. Parking is free and is available adjacent to the building.
Hours of Operation:
Opening for Season: November 10, 2014 / Closing for Season: late-April, 2015.
|Monday - Saturday
||9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Pipsqueaks will be closed on all major holidays and when the Rochester Public Schools are closed because of inclement weather. Please check back here for other changes. If you have any questions contact the Park and Recreation Department at 328-2525 during normal business hours.
Dates Closed During the Holidays: November 27, November 28, December 24, December 25, January 1 Miscellaneous Dates Closed:
- $2 per child per day
- $10 punch card (6 punches) or $20 punch card (12 punches)
The Rochester Park and Recreation Department reserves the right to limit the number of children in the play space at any given time.
Host Your Next Party at Pipsqueaks!
If you are looking for an economical place to hold a party for your kindergarten-age or younger child, Pipsqueaks is your party destination! There's lots of toys and plenty of room...to just let the kids run, scream and play or to host your own party games!
Pipsqueaks offers 3-hour Party Blocks for all kinds of private party fun for your kindergarten-age or younger child:
- Family Events
- Special Occasions
Cost - $90.00 + tax for a 3-Hour Party Block and includes:
- 1/2 hour for you to set up your party
- 2 hours for party festivities
- 1/2 hour for you to clean up*
*Rochester Park and Recreation will charge a $30 clean-up fee for parties not cleaned up by the end of the party rental block.
**Refunds will be given for cancellations received in writing at least ten (10) days before the reservation date. A $20.00 handling fee will be charged for refund processing.
Maximum Capacity - 50 party goers!
- You get the entire Pipsqueaks facility exclusively for your party!
Available Party Blocks:
- Monday through Saturday 2-5 p.m. or 5-8 p.m.
- Sunday 12-3 p.m. or 3-6 p.m.
There will be a staff person on-site for safety & security only, no clean-up or set-up.
Please make reservation or direct questions to the Rochester Park and Recreation Office at 507-328-2525. Phone reservations must be secured by a credit/debit card (cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
Code of Conduct:
Pipsqueaks will be staffed by the Rochester Park & Recreation Dept. to ensure a SAFE, RESPECTFUL and RESPONSIBLE environment. Pipsqueaks code of conduct includes:
- 4 children maximum per adult
- Children may NOT be dropped off. Children must be accompanied by a parent or adult 16 years of age or older. The parent/adult that accompanies the child(ren) to Pipsqueaks is responsible for supervising the child(ren) while in the play space.
- All children must be kindergarten-age or younger
- Only soft-soled clean gym shoes are allowed in play areas - no boots, stockings or bare feet allowed