Mission Statement: To impact the lives of young people by providing learning facilities and educational programs that promote character development and life enhancing values through the game of golf.
| The First Tee’s Nine Core Values:
Honesty Integrity Sportsmanship Respect
Confidence Responsibility Perseverance
Life Skills & Nine Healthy Habits
The First Tee Life Skills Experience promotes character development to enhance personal and social growth. Along with The Life Skills experience The First Tee also promotes healthy living through The Nine Healthy Habits, which are in three categories;
- Play-regular physical activity
- Energy-proper diet and nutrition
- Safety-safe practices and physical recovery
- Mind-emotional and psychological well being
- Family- contribute to healthy home
- Vision-preparing for the future
- Friends-maintaining healthy relationships
- School-obtaining knowledge
- Community-participate in extended social opportunities
|National School Program
- The National School Program has been growing every year since 2004. It is in over 3,400 schools, 350 school districts across the country and has impacted more than 1.6 million elementary students.
- Program Focus: Safety, Character education, motor skill development and concept learning, developmental approach to teaching and learning, motor skills, and the Nine Core Values in each lesson.
- The First Tee of Rochester has introduced the National School Program to the first school in the Rochester area in 2011, Lincoln Choice K-8. Over 300 kids have been exposed to this program. In 2013, NSP will reached out to thirteen schools in the Rochester area and exposed up to 4000 kids to the program. Those schools are: Byron Elementary, Central Intermediate,Folwell, Lincoln Choice, Jefferson, Washington, St. Francis,St. Pius, St. Johns, Holy Spirit, Gage, John Adams and Bamber Valley.
- New schools for 2015 are: Pinewood, Longfellow, and Riverside.
|Target Outreach with The First Tee
Have fun with The First Tee Target Outreach Saturdays: May 9th, at Northern Hills, May 16th at Hadley Creeek, and May 23rd at Soldiers Field. Learn Golf through The First Tee, incorporating life enhancing values. Bring your family and your pals, between 1pm-3pm on these dates and see what The First Tee Rochester has to offer to you- through our FREE Target Outreach Saturdays.
Class Registration: Register In person, by mail or New ****Register Online**** (online registration ends one week prior to each class) Online registration begins Feb. 15th, 2015
All participants new to The First Tee, regardless of golf skill must start with the PLAYer level.
- PLAYer Ages 7-17.
- Par I-Ages 8-17: must be PLAYer certified .
- Par II-Ages 11-17: must be Par I certified
- Birdie- Ages 11-17; must be Par certified.
- Eagle- Ages 14-17; must be Birdie certified.
- Individual - $50.00 per session, (yearly max $100.00) Financial assistance is available, just inquire.
- Family -(2 or more children) (yearly max of $150.00 per family).
- Wee Level -$25.00
2015 PLayer Level Sessions
Player1 Weekly sessions:
Session PL1 May 9th thru June 13th Each Sat. 9-10:30 All Ages
Session PL2 May 11th thru June 22nd Mon. Eve. 6-7:30 All Ages
Session PL3 June 4th thru July 9th Thur. Eve. 6-7:30 All Ages
Session PL4 June 8th thru 11th Player1 8-9:30 Ages 7-10
Session PL5 June 8th thru 11th Player1 10-11:30 Ages 11-15
Session PL6 June 15th thru 18th Player1 8-9:30 All Ages
Session PL7 June 15th thru 18th PLayer2 10-11:30 All Ages
Session PL8 June 29th thru July 2nd Player1 8-9:30 All ages
Session PL9 July 6th thru 9th Player2 8-9:30 All Ages
Session PL10 July 6th thru 9th Player1 1-2:30 All Ages(@soldiers field)
Session PL11 July 20th Thru 23rd Player2 8-9:30 All Ages
Session PL12 Aug. 3rd thru 6th Player2 8-9:30 All Ages
2015 Par Level Sessions
Session PR1 June 8th thru 11th Par1 12-1:30 All Ages
Session PR2 June 15th thru 18th Par1 12-1:30 All Ages
Session PR3 June 22nd thru 25th Par1 8-9:30 All Ages
Session PR4 June 22nd thru 25th Par2 10-11:30 All Ages
Session PR5 June 29th thru July 2nd Par1 11:30-1:00 All Ages
Session PR6 July 6th thru 9th Par2 10-11:30 All Ages
Session PR7 July 13th thru 16th Par1 8-9:30 Ages 7-11
Session PR8 July 20th thru 23rd Par1 10-11:30 All Ages
Session PR9 July 27th thru 30th Par2 8-9:30 All Ages
2015 Birdie Level Sessions
Session BR1 June 22nd thru 25th 12-2:00 Ages 12-17
Session BR2 july 20th thru 23rd 12-2:00 Ages 12-17
Session BR3 Aug. 3rd thru 6th 12-2:00 Ages 12-17
2015 Wee-Tee Sessions (ages 5 and 6)
Wee-Tee1 June 29th thru July 2nd 10:00-11:00 @ Hadley Creek
Wee-Tee2 July 13th thru 16th 12:00-1:00 @ Soldiers Field
- In case of inclement weather, we will schedule make up days on Fridays.
- A limit of 24 particpants per session.
- Schedules subject to change.
- Testing from one level to the next will be held on Fridays.
- Look for programs to begin at Willow Creek and Pine Island.
Information about The First Tee Rochester is available at the Park and Recreation Department office at 201 4th Street SE (City Hall) or after April 1st at Hadley Creek Golf Learning Center at 2427 Hadley Valley Road NE.Phone 507-529-4119 For more information contact W.W.(Watty) Watson: email email@example.com.