Transit solutions to support the growth of Rochester will involve a comprehensive assessment of current transportation needs and a plan to accommodate a more multi-modal approach to improve travel for residents and visitors in the future. Browse the links below to learn about the Integrated Transportation Studies and the work being done to realize the visions for transportation in Rochester.
Quick Links - Upcoming Events
Check back for more information on upcoming events!
Quick Links - Past Events
- May 30, 2017: City of Rochester Integrated Transit Studies Public Conversation Session #2
- January 24, 2017: City of Rochester Integrated Transit Studies Public Conversation Session #1
- October 27, 2016: Transit Technology Workshop
May 30, 2017: City of Rochester Integrated Transit Studies Public Conversation Session #2
5:00 - 7:00 pm, Mayo Civic Center Suite 102/103 at 30 Civic Center Drive SE, Rochester, Minnesota
- Learn about the progress of the four integrated transit studies since January 2017
- Provide your input on the work-to-date
- Collaborate to help identify which outcomes and components improve user experience
January 24, 2017: City of Rochester Integrated Transit Studies Public Conversation Session #1
4:00 - 8:00 pm, 4th Floor of the UMR University Center at 111 South Broadway, Rochester, Minnesota
Join us to start the conversation on the future of transportation in downtown Rochester! The City of Rochester is conducting four integrated transit studies to support and advance the DMC Plan. During Session #1, we will share what we are learning from these studies and would like to receive your input on downtown transportation needs.
Attend this event to:
- Learn about the four integrated transit studies and preview the data collected
- Provide your prospective on downtown transportation needs
- Collaborate to help identify alternatives to be studied further
October 27, 2016: Transit Technology Workshop
A wide variety of transportation modes are available to support the successful implementation of the transportation principles in the Destination Medical Center (DMC) Plan. The modes vary with respect to speed, reliability, accessibility, visibility, connectivity, flexibility, capital cost, and operating cost.
The City of Rochester sponsored a Transit Technology Workshop on October 27, 2016 to introduce the community to both proven and evolving technologies for potential application in downtown Rochester. The information presented in the workshop will inform the development of initial transit options to be considered in the Transit Circulation Study.
Use the links below to learn more about what was shared at the workshop:
- Transit Technology Workshop Summary
- Welcome Presentation: Transit Technology Workshop Purpose, Goals, and Next Steps
- Transit Technology Workshop Video, Part 1
- Transit Technology Workshop Video, Part 2
- Guest Presentation: Autonomous Vehicles
- Guest Presentation: Elevated Urban Transit
- Guest Presentation: SkyWeb Express
- Guest Presentation: Transit X
Media coverage of the workshop:
- ABC 6 News: Transportation a Major Focus in Rochester
- KTTC News: New proposals, updates, and concerns regarding Destination Medical Center