The City council adopted a Storm Water Utility Fee on October 6, 2003 that went into effect in the January 2004. This Fee appears as a monthly charge on Rochester Public Utility (RPU) bills. It is used exclusively to support the storm water management program. Every developed residential and non-residential property parcel is charged a Fee based on its size, land use and amount of impervious (or hard surface) area. This is an equitable approach because the charges are proportional to a property’s contribution to storm water runoff and impact on water quality.
For Customer Assistance regarding the monthly utility bills, contact Rochester Public Utilities (RPU) by calling 280-1500 or sending and e-mail to: email@example.com
- 2016 Notice of Rate Increase
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ordinances, Resolutions, & Rate Studies
- Stormwater Projects in Rochester
- Stormwater Utility Fee Credit and Incentives Manual