Local bands/musicians needed for Down by the Riverside and forWARD concert series’
Riverside Concerts is seeking local bands and musicians to play the opening slots at the Down by the Riverside free summer concert series and forWARD Neighborhood Park Concerts. All groups will receive payment for performing. All musical genres will be considered and original material is encouraged.
1) Must have enough material to fill at least a 45 minute set
2) Must provide own backline (on-stage instruments and amplification)
3) Must be based in Southeast MN, or at least have one member with a direct tie to the 11 county region (Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona). Examples of accepted ties to the region include; “attended a local high school”, and, “grew up on a farm in Dodge County”, etc.
To apply, please submit a press kit, or a link to an electronic press kit, that includes photos, bios, a song-list, and at least (3) three audio/video recordings. Recordings of live performances are preferred.
Please also include the following information in your application;
1. The name of the city or town the band is based in
2. A contact person’s name, phone number, and e-mail address
3. How the band is connected to the 11 county region
All applicants will be considered for opening slots for either Down by the Riverside or forWARD.
Submissions should be postmarked no later than March 6, 2020.
Direct all submissions to:
Local Band Submissions
c/o Riverside Concerts
201 4th St. SE, Suite 170
Rochester MN 55904
By submitting a press kit, you are granting Riverside Concerts the right to share samples of your band's music with headliners who request approval of opening acts. For more information, call 507-328-2201
Opener: DJ Supafly
Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 7:00 PM
89.3 The Current (88.7 in Rochester) will sponsor the season grand finale on Sunday, Aug. 18 (Week #6) at 7PM in Mayo Park, featuring Prince's former band THE REVOLUTION w/ Rochester's own DJ Supafly at the Think Bank Down by the Riverside FREE Outdoor Concert Series in Rochester, MN.
Prince's former band THE REVOLUTION was one of the most successful music acts of the 1980s selling over 16 million albums in the United States alone. They rose to international fame with two #1 Billboard 200 albums ('Purple Rain' and 'Around the World in a Day'), three Grammy Awards, and six top ten singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, including “Purple Rain”, “Let’s Go Crazy”, “1999”, “Raspberry Beret”, “When Doves Cry”, and “Kiss”.
DJ Supafly has a passion for creatively mixing, blending and scratching to Pop, Dance, Hip Hop, R&B, Latin, EDM and other genre’s that touch, move, encourage and take people worries away. His talent and skill has helped him to develop a reputation for creating unforgettable musical moments at parties, weddings, receptions, quinceanera, festivals, corporate functions, wedding dj mn, rochester mn entertainment, and private events! Music has always spoken to him through the art of scratching and blending music on key.