Local bands/musicians needed for Down by the Riverside and forWARD concert series’
Riverside Concerts is seeking local bands and musicians to play the opening slots at the Down by the Riverside free summer concert series and forWARD Neighborhood Park Concerts. All groups will receive payment for performing. All musical genres will be considered and original material is encouraged.
1) Must have enough material to fill at least a 45 minute set
2) Must provide own backline (on-stage instruments and amplification)
3) Must be based in Southeast MN, or at least have one member with a direct tie to the 11 county region (Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona). Examples of accepted ties to the region include; “attended a local high school”, and, “grew up on a farm in Dodge County”, etc.
To apply, please submit a press kit, or a link to an electronic press kit, that includes photos, bios, a song-list, and at least (3) three audio/video recordings. Recordings of live performances are preferred.
Please also include the following information in your application;
1. The name of the city or town the band is based in
2. A contact person’s name, phone number, and e-mail address
3. How the band is connected to the 11 county region
All applicants will be considered for opening slots for either Down by the Riverside or forWARD.
Submissions should be postmarked no later than March 6, 2020.
Direct all submissions to:
Local Band Submissions
c/o Riverside Concerts
201 4th St. SE, Suite 170
Rochester MN 55904
By submitting a press kit, you are granting Riverside Concerts the right to share samples of your band's music with headliners who request approval of opening acts. For more information, call 507-328-2201
Opener: Ringer Starr
Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 7:00 PM
KRPR 89.9 will sponsor Classic Rock Night - Sunday, Aug 4 (Week #4) at 7PM in Mayo Park, featuring Mowtown legends RARE EARTH w/ Ringer Starr and the Lost Faculties at the Think Bank Down by the Riverside FREE Outdoor Concert Series in Rochester, MN.
RARE EARTH - Motown’s first all-white hit-makers straddled the worlds of rock and soul with amazing success. Their first Top 40 hits included covers of The Temptations’ “(I Know) I’m Losing You” and “Get Ready”, both Top 5 hits on multiple national charts, “Born To Wander” followed, as did “I Just Want to Celebrate”, “Hey, Big Brother” and their Bee Gees-penned hit “Warm Ride”.
Ringer Starr - A newcomer to the scene, Ringer Star took the International Beatle Entertainment Community by storm in 2013, making his debut in the U.S., Canada, Liverpool and Brazil. Ringer causes quite a stir wherever he appears, cheerfully being photographed with hundreds of fans, and has been referred to as the best current Ringo Starr tribute artist in the world. He has what some are saying is a "Frightening resemblance to The Man Himself" not only in looks but also as a performer, singing and playing drums.