Click here to view more department level news and announcements.
NEWS RELEASE: 4th Street SW Reconstruction Project Update
Public Works Communications Coordinator
507-328-2436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Engineer, Public Works
507-328-2421 or email@example.com
The reconstruction of 4th Street SW from 1st Avenue SW to 6th Avenue SW is scheduled to proceed with the next project phase starting on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Travel impacts starting Monday, September 17, 2018:
- 4th Avenue SW will be completely closed from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW.
- 3rd Avenue SW will reopen one-way northbound from 6th Street SW north.
- 1st Avenue SW from 3rd Street SW to 4th Street SW will be two-way traffic with a dead-end at the intersection of 4th Street SW and 1st Avenue SW. Access will remain for the 3rd Street Parking Ramp and businesses.
- 1st Avenue SW from 4th Street SW to 5th Street SW will be two-way traffic with a dead-end at the intersection of 4th Street SW and 1st Avenue SW. Access will remain for businesses.
- 4th Street SW from Broadway to 1st Avenue SW will not allow through traffic or access to the 3rd Street Parking Ramp or 1st Avenue SW businesses. Local traffic only for business located on 4th Street SW will be allowed.
- 4th Street SW will be completely closed to both westbound and eastbound traffic between 4th Avenue SW and 5th Avenue SW. On weekends, access to the church will be provided via 4th Street SW.
- 4th Street SW from 5th Avenue SW to 7th Avenue SW will be eastbound only traffic.
- 6th Avenue SW will remain a one-way southbound traffic from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW.
- 5th Avenue SW will remain a one-way northbound traffic from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW.
- The 6th Avenue SW intersection will remain open.
Impacts to Pedestrians:
Pedestrians should follow posted sidewalk detours.
Impacts to Bicyclists:
Riders on the street will experience traffic lane restrictions and should follow all signs, signals, and flaggers as would any vehicle. Bicyclists riding in the street should travel slowing and carefully.
Impacts to Transit:
This construction project will impact a number of RPT bus routes, commuter buses, and shuttle bus services. For the duration of construction, bus stands for RPT Routes 2, 3, 8, 17 currently located on the east side (northbound lane) of 2 Ave SW will be relocated to 2 St SW between 3 Ave and 4 Ave SW. RPT Route 8 stand will be on the north side (westbound lane), and stands for RPT Routes 2, 3 and 17 will be on the south side (eastbound lane). The stand for RPT Route 19 will move to the west side (southbound lane) of 2 Ave SW. Visit www.rptride.com for complete route and schedule information.
Contact commuter and shuttle bus providers to understand the impacts of this project on routes, as well as, drop off and pick up locations.
Additional Project Information:
Visit the project website at: https://rochester4thst.wpengine.com/
Pedestrians and drivers are advised to use caution while traveling around and through all construction zones.
Follow us on Facebook: @RochesterMNPublicWorksDepartment