Click here to view more department level news and announcements.
City Expecting Busy Day in Downtown Rochester on May 25
The City of Rochester is expecting an especially busy day in downtown on May 25. This is due to the graduation ceremonies of the three public high schools being held at the Mayo Civic Center, activities for the Med City Marathon, the Rochester Farmers Market, and ongoing construction around the Rochester Public Library.
“As a City, we are aware of the various events occurring on the same day. We are committed to assisting our community partners in helping our community have the best experience possible. As such, we have made modifications to our parking and transit options to assist those who will be in downtown Rochester for these events. We ask for the community’s assistance in putting safety first,” shares City Administrator, Steve Rymer.
- All public parking ramps are free during the day on May 25, May 26, and May 27
- All public parking lots are free during the day on May 25, May 26, May 27
- There will be an additional 600 spaces available for public use in the Mayo Clinic East (Fullerton) Parking Lot on May 25
- The Civic Center Parking Ramp will remain closed
- Ramp 6 will be accessible from Broadway
Rochester Public Transit
- All public transit will be free on May 25, May 26, May 27
- Routes running on those days are: Route 21, Route 22, Route 23, Route 24, Route 25, Route 26, and Route 191
- There will be drop-off opportunities on both Civic Center Drive SE and Center Street E, in front of the Mayo Civic Center
- The Mayo Civic Center will have 30+ wheelchairs on site for those needing assistance
- Approximately 12+ handicap spaces exist in each downtown parking ramp, as well as in the surface lots.Should a parking ramp appear full, a driver can use the intercom button to advise Lanier Parking they are seeking a handicap spot.
Those attending any of the events in downtown Rochester on May 25 are encouraged to give themselves extra time. Maps of the road closures and parking facilities are available for the morning and afternoon of May 25. Should you have any questions about accessibility options for the Mayo Civic Center, please contact the Mayo Civic Center at 507-328-2220.