PSA: Pest Management Plan and Chemical Usage in Parks
As part of Parks & Recreation's overall integrated pest management program, which includes multiple methods of control, we will be performing various chemical applications including fertilization, herbicide and pesticide applications over the 30 days.
- Invasive vegetative management at reservoirs, Silver Lake Park, Quarry Hill.
- Sports field & park fence lines and spot spraying (Mayo Field, Hudson, Watson, RBC, Fuad, Soldiers Field Fast Pitch, McQuillan, Withers, and Southern Woods.
- Central Business District turf at Veterans Memorial, Freedom Shrine, Central Park, Park Operations.
- Spraying areas of flood control corridor for landscape beds, rip rap, and around Silver Lake.
- Pre-emergent applications in various park & ROW landscape beds.
- Herbicide application will include tree well & landscape bed locations, spot spraying of noxious weeds/or invasive vegetation, and turf areas/fence lines/walls in high profile areas along rights of way.
- Injection treatment of boulevard Ash Trees for Emerald Ash Borer will continue into September along with Elm injection.
- Several parks are now pesticide free.
You can find more info on the Parks & Rec's Pest Management Policy and Pesticide-Free Parks Program on the website: https://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/parks-and-recreation/parks-trails.