Click here to view more department level news and announcements.
City to Begin Ticketed Enforcement of Alternate Side Seasonal Parking Requirements Ahead of Impending Snow Fall
In an effort to assist with the effective clearing of roads, the City of Rochester has announced that ticketed enforcement will begin at 2:00 a.m. on November 27, 2019 for those not in compliance with the seasonal parking requirements. The decision to move to ticketing was made due to the strong prediction for a large snow event and subsequent snow events to follow in the coming days.
To be in compliance on November 27, vehicles should be parked on the odd side of the street from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. To be in compliance on November 28, vehicles should be parked on the even side of the street from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“We ask the community to be in compliance with the seasonal parking requirements to help our teammates respond to the large snow event expected in the coming days,” shares City Administrator Steve Rymer.
Rochester Chief of Police Jim Franklin agrees, saying “Effective snow removal creates safer roads for the traveling public. In an emergency situation, every second makes a different to that person or those people in need. Clear roadways are a key piece in achieving rapid response. ”
Overview of the Seasonal Parking Requirements:
- Alternate side parking requirements are in place between 2 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this time:
- Parking is allowed on the side of the street with EVEN house numbers when the calendar date is EVEN.
- Parking is allowed on the side of the street with ODD house numbers when the calendar date is ODD.
- This does not apply to metered parking spaces.
- Posted signs with parking restrictions still apply at all times.
More information, including frequently asked questions in English, Somali, and Spanish are available online at www.rochestermn.gov/winter. The icon above can be used to identify important information related to Seasonal Parking Requirements.