Click here to view more department level news and announcements.
City of Rochester Welcomes Developers for a Site Visit of the Downtown Riverfront Re-imagined Project
The City of Rochester released a Statement of Interest (SOI) for the Riverfront Re-imagined project in October 2019. An innovative development partner is being sought to revitalize and transform one of Rochester’s best remaining land assets. Interested parties are invited to setup a conference call or physical visit of the site. All submissions are due by January 30, 2020.
What makes Riverfront Re-imagined so unique and attractive is the proximity to natural attributes along the Zumbro River, as well as the urban development potential in the vibrant downtown. Driven by Mayo Clinic and Destination Medical Center (DMC), Rochester has experienced an influx of development, innovation, job growth and rising population.
The 2.5-acre parcel is on the riverfront in the heart of the downtown and the DMC district. The SOI outlines critical elements that should be considered. These include:
• Transformative one-of-a-kind project
• Land & environment are renewed and sustained
• Welcoming to all and diverse community appeal
• Vibrant public spaces & natural integration
• Connected physically & socially
• Year-round use, with easy riverfront access
• Natural integration of neighborhood characteristics
• Encompass Rochester’s past as well as future