Click here to view more department level news and announcements.
Public Service Announcement: City of Rochester City Council Meetings to Allow In-Person Public Comments Starting in July
Rochester, Minnesota –City Council study sessions and City Council meetings shall continue to be conducted pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.021 and City Council members may appear electronically. Public access will continue to be restricted to comply with state health guidance during the pandemic. As of July 1, 2020, individuals will be able to make a public comment in person at City Council Meetings. Current room layout allows for approximately 11 individuals to attend.
July Meetings Dates:
- July 6 – City Council Meeting
- July 13 – Study Session
- July 20 – City Council Meeting
- July 27 – Study Session
Open Comment Period: Individuals wishing to address the City Council during the open comment period can do so in one of the following ways:
- Attend the meeting in person
- Call in using the phone number listed on the meeting agendas
- Submit a comment to the following email addresses, which correspond with the City Council meeting dates
View Meeting: Individuals are encouraged to view the meeting by either watching the meeting on Spectrum (Charter) channel 180 or 188 or via live stream. The live stream can be found at the following web address once the meeting starts: www.rochestermn.gov/agendas.
Public Hearing Items: Individuals interested in providing public comment on a public hearing item can do so in one of the following ways:
- Attend the meeting in-person.
- Join the meeting via the Microsoft Teams dial in number listed on the meeting agendas.