The Community Development team is committed to building community by nurturing relationships with residents, business owners, developers, and entrepreneurs to improve the physical, economic, environmental, and social health of Rochester.
We believe in: Partnership | Integrity | Performance | Efficiency | Creativity | Resiliency
- Departments:Community Development
- Title:Communications & Engagement Coordinator
- Phone:(507) 328-2952
Sarah Oslund is the Communications & Engagement Coordinator for the Community Development Department. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and a Master's in Management. She has worked in communications, public relations, and engagement for more than 15 years.
Sarah's key duties for the City of Rochester include:
- Facilitating clear, consistent communication occurs between the Community Development Department and developers, partners, stakeholders, the media, and the community at-large;
- Curating opportunities for community dialogue and engagement related to planning and zoning, heritage preservation, urban design, sustainability, neighborhoods, and arts and culture;
- Working with media to ensure efforts related to Community Development are shared locally, statewide, and nationally, where appropriate;
- Developing content to support and promote the areas of focus in the department;
- Participating in city- and county-wide communications groups to share pertinent info.