The Community Development team is committed to building community by nurturing relationships with residents, business owners, developers, and entrepreneurs to improve the physical, economic, environmental, and social health of Rochester.
We believe in: Partnership | Integrity | Performance | Efficiency | Creativity | Resiliency
- Departments:Community Development
- Phone:(507) 328-2959
Desmond McGeough is a Planner in the Community Development Department. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning.
Desmond's key duties for the City of Rochester include:
- Providing assistance to developers and citizens on development approval requirements;
- Reviewing plans and prepare reports on development requests;
- Ensuring compliance with zoning and other development codes;
- Presenting findings to commissions and boards for variances, exceptions, conditional use permits, site plan reviews and similar current planning applications; and
- Assisting the general public with planning and zoning questions.