The Community Development team is committed to building community by nurturing relationships with residents, business owners, developers, and entrepreneurs to improve the physical, economic, environmental, and social health of Rochester.
We believe in: Partnership | Integrity | Performance | Efficiency | Creativity | Resiliency
- Departments:Community Development
- Title:Sustainability Coordinator
- Phone:(507) 328-2957
Kristi Knudson is a Sustainability Coordinator in the Community Development Department. She holds a bachelor's degree in Business with emphasis in Entrepreneurial Management and International Business as well as a master's degree in Ecological Economics.
Kristi's key duties for the City of Rochester include:
- Identifying and prioritizing areas for sustainability initiatives in collaboration with the City, DMC, and the community;
- Planning and developing long- and short-range sustainability programs surrounding key topics, such as air quality, waste collection, energy, transit, and green building;
- Analysis and study of various sustainability options to inform decision-making process and planning of activities in City efforts;
- Maintaining data for monitoring of key sustainability indicators;
- Representing the City on commissions and councils on topics related to sustainability; and
- Engaging with the community and networking with other organizations across the region, state, and nation.