The City Administrator's office includes the Development Administration function. Staff oversees the City's economic development and redevelopment programs and policies and advises the City Council on such matters. Activities supporting this function include:
- Negotiate public participation for economic development and redevelopment projects.
- Coordinate implementation of public projects with private development projects.
- Coordinate the long range planning for the downtown area.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of public improvements in the CBD including skyways and parking facilities.
- Support other community and economic development efforts, including working with Rochester Area Economic Development Incorporated (RAEDI) for retention of existing businesses and attracting new businesses to the City of Rochester. RAEDI
- DMC District Design Guidelines
- Downtown Master Plan
- Olmsted Housing Needs Study
- TIF Update Presented at the 8/28/18 COW Meeting
- Preliminary Analysis Public Subways at Six Locations
- OPPORTUNITY ZONES
Community Development Block Grant Information