On March 18, 2019, the City of Rochester launched its Polco site. Polcoʼs civic engagement tool improves how city officials and residents communicate. It delivers the ease and accessibility of an online survey combined with the verification and reliability of in person engagement. Polco was designed from inception for civic environments by former public servants who, after spending time at some of the country’s best technology companies, wanted to bring world class communication technology to the civic process.
Below are the completed survey reports as of July 1, 2019.
- Overall performance of the fire department
- Overall performance of the community's emergency medical response team
- Overall performance of the police department
- Community as a place to raise children
- Community as a place to work
- Community as a place to live
- Overall performance of maintaining the streets and utilities (water/sanitary sewer/stormwater)
- Availability of recreational programs
- Community as a place to visit
- Community as a place to play
- Sense of community
- Communications and engagement
- Community as a place to retire
- Satisfaction with City of Rochester government
- Areas of improvement for the community
If you have questions, please contact Jenna Bowman, Communications & Engagement Manager at 507-328-2913.