Rochester is a growing community with no signs of slowing down soon. Growth and change present both opportunities and challenges for a community.
Long-range planning is vital to position the City of Rochester to address its long-term needs, ensure resiliency, support changing demographics, and address issues such as housing demand, multi-modal transportation, growth in jobs and visitors, and more - all while working with finite resources.
Rochester's Comprehensive Plan, known as "Planning 2 Succeed" (P2S), was adopted by the City Council in April 2018 and is the road map used by the City to manage our continued progress.
- Land Use Map
- Development Vision
- Sewer Constraints
- Growth Management
- Stability and Change
- Olmsted County Property Records and Information
- Olmsted County Public Web Map (Zoning Map)
Frequently Used Links and Resources
- Zoning Compliance Letter Request
- Pre-Development Meeting Request Form
- Development Information Meeting (DIM) Request Form
- Land Development Application
- Employment and Population Projections (2014)
Local Master Plans
- Destination Medical Center District Design Guidelines (2016)
- Rochester Downtown Master Plan (2010)
- Mayo Clinic Five-Year Plan Update (2016)
- University of Minnesota Rochester Campus Master Plan (2014)
- Rochester-Olmsted Bicycle Master Plan (2012)
Land Development Manual (LDM)
- LDM Downloadable PDF Version (Updated June 2019)
- Chapter 60 - Introductory Provisions (Updated June 2019)
- Chapter 61 - Lot and Site Development Approval Procedures (Updated June 2019)
- Chapter 62 - Zoning District Regulations (Updated June 2019)
- Chapter 63 - Lot Development (Updated June 2019)
- Chapter 64 - Site Design Policies (Updated February 2014)
- Chapter 65 - Nonconformities (Updated June 2019)
- Informational Supplement
City Comprehensive Plan
For information on the P2S project and process, please contact Community Development at (507) 328-2950 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.