COVID-19 InformationInformation and Updates for Community Members

Contact Information

201 4th Street SE
Rochester, Mn 55904 (Map)

Phone: 507-328-2822
Fax: 507-328-2829

Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Contact Us


Tier II Reporting

Facilities that meet the requirements established under Section 312 of SARA Title III are required to submit Tier II reports by March 1 of each year.  Reports are filed with the Minnesota Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA) program.  The Minnesota EPCRA program uses an online reporting software package called Tier II Manager.  Information submitted in prior years can be used to update current required reports.

Download the information packet here.

Where to Send Local Emergency Plans

SARA Title III sites are required to share emergency plan information with the local fire department.  Facilities in the City of Rochester are to send emergency plans to: Rochester Fire Department, Fire Administration, 201 4th Street SE, City Hall Room 10, Rochester, MN 55904

Links to State of Minnesota EPCRA

Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)

Reporting Releases in Gutters, Roads, Surface Water (Lakes and Rivers)

Chemical, petroleum (gas, diesel fuel, and the like), and other products can harm the environment.  Call 911 to report life-threatening issues.  If there is no threat to life or property, contact City of Rochester Dispatch at (507) 328-6800 and someone (police or fire) will be sent to investigate. Visit the City of Rochester Stormwater Management web page for more information.

Reporting Releases into Sanitary Sewer System

It is important to notify the Public Works Department.  If a material (chemical, petroleum, or other non-biodegradable product) is in the sanitary sewer system, call the City of Rochester Water Reclamation Plant (24/7) at (507) 328-2650.  The Plant is staffed 24 hours a day, and if no one answers, leave a message (Plant operators perform routine duties in locations with poor reception, and may temporarily be unable to receive calls.)

Be prepared to give this information:

  • What material or substance is in the sanitary system?
  • When was it released?
  • How much is total release? (Ongoing leak or Single-episode)
  • Give a call back number (include your name, too)

On rare occasions, a release may need to be scheduled.  Use (507) 328-2650 to contact Water Reclamation Plant Operations. Scheduled excess discharge is handled by using the Sewer Notification Form (click to download)