The City of Rochester Mayor, City Council, and professional team strive to be responsible stewards of public funds. This is evidenced by the City's AAA rating and 50 years of receiving the certificate of financial excellence (the longest in Minnesota).
The City Council begins the budget process by adopting its priorities, goals, and strategies for the organization and the community at the in the early part of the calendar year.
A transparent and open process is important to ensure public trust and confidence. The purpose of this page is to provide the public with information as the City proceeds with the development of the 2020 operating budget and 2020-2025 capital improvement program also referred to as CIP.
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 11/04/19
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 10/14/19
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 09/09/19
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 09/04/19
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 08/26/19
- Study Session Budget Presentation on 07/15/19
- Adopted 2020 Budget Priorities
- Budget Priorities Advance Presentation on 04/05/19
- Budget Schedule
- Foundational Principles and Strategic Priorities
- 2020 Recommended Capital Improvement Program [CIP] only
- Other Supplemental Budget Information
Additional Budget Process Information
While the budget process really is an year-round process, conversations with the City Council begin to pickup in pace and frequency in July/August. Over the past two years, the City has made modifications to the process to provide the City Council and community more time with the proposed budget and information. In addition, there is now more being done to project future revenues and expenditures.
*NEW from 2019: City of Rochester, MN will be presenting their budget related documents via "FlippingBook". Basic instruction on how to navigate the flippingbook is available. Traditional PDF version for all flippingbook document is also available if needed for downloading.