Rochester City Golf
Daily Play Policies
- Horseplay, unsportsmanlike conduct, loud profanity, unruly spectators, or any noises or disturbances that distract players will not be tolerated on the golf courses or practice facilities.
- Golfers acting in an inappropriate manner or refusing to follow golf course policies may be denied golf privileges without warning or refund.
- Children under the age of 6 are welcome at the clubhouses, pro-shops and areas designated for special events. They are not allowed on the golf course or practice facilities.
- Foursomes have priority on the golf course. Twosomes and threesomes can expect to be paired up during busy times.
- Each golfer must register before play and have a set of golf clubs.
- All golfers must tee off from the 1st tee unless otherwise directed by the Golf Shop staff.
- Soft spikes are the only spikes allowed at all city golf facilities.
- Fivesomes may be permitted at the discretion of the host golf professional.
- Privately owned power golf cars: A daily trail fee must be paid before play unless a seasonal trail fee has been purchased. A seasonal trail fee sticker must be displayed on the front of the golf car.
- No outside beer, alcoholic beverages, or coolers may be brought onto the golf premises.
- Each golfer accepts responsibility for damage to property and injury to persons caused by his or her golf balls leaving the golf courses or practice areas. Golfers shall use appropriate caution and shall immediately report to the Golf Shop any damage or injury caused.
Junior Play Policies
Definition: Age 8-18
- A junior golfer may play anytime when accompanied by a parent or guardian
- A junior golfer playing without a parent may play:
- Weekdays: Tee off #1 or #10 before 3 PM or after 6 PM
- Weekends & Holidays: Tee off after 11 AM
3.These polices may be relaxed during periods of light play at the discretion of the host golf professional.
Young Junior Play Policies
Definition: Age 6-7 years old or participants age 5 enrolled in City of Rochester golf programs.
- Young Juniors may play golf after 3 PM on weekends and holidays
- Young Juniors may play golf during the week at the host golf professional’s discretion.
- A parent or guardian is required to accompany a young junior playing golf.
- Young juniors are required to keep pace with other groups on the course.
- Young juniors are required to exhibit proper golf etiquette.
- Young juniors may play at any of the city golf courses.
Rochester City Golf
Tee Time Reservation Policies
The purpose of this policy is to provide service to golfers seeking advance reservations to play golf at the Rochester city golf courses. This policy applies to the daily operation of all four municipal golf courses: Eastwood GC, Hadley Creek GC, Northern Hills GC, and Soldiers Field GC. Its main objective is to allow fair access to tee times within the guidelines of this policy.
Tee Time – Means a pre-arranged reservation on the #1 tee box on a requested municipal golf course.
Reservation – means a specific time of day on a specific day.
- Reservations for tee times may be made five days in advance; either in person at the golf shop, or by telephone. Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day, reservations will be accepted beginning at 8:00 am. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, reservations will be accepted beginning at 7:00 am.
- Reservations will be alternated between telephone and in-person requests during busy periods.
- Reservations will be for the #1 tee only and will be accepted for 9 or 18 holes.
- Reservations will be accepted for twosomes, threesomes, or foursomes – not singles. Golf courses reserve the right to pair-up twosomes or threesomes with additional players to fill out a foursome during busy times.
- Reservations will not be delayed to accommodate players unable to start due to inclement weather (rain, frost, snow, lightning, etc.) although accommodations will be made whenever possible.
- Junior golfers will be allowed to make reservations except when junior play restrictions apply.
- Special golf events, small group outings, tournaments, etc. may be scheduled with the host golf professional at each facility.
- Any of the four golf courses (Eastwood, Hadley Creek, Northern Hills,Soldiers Field) may be reserved for shotgun tournaments. Scheduling may be coordinated with the host golf professional.
- Groups of 16+ may reserve tee times after January 1st of the current year.