Soldiers Field Golf Course
244 Soldiers Field SW
Rochester, MN 55902 (Map)
Rochester City Golf
Daily Play Policies
- Horseplay, unsportsmanlike conduct, loud profanity, unruly spectators, or any noises or disturbances that distract players will not be tolerated on the golf courses or practice facilities.
- Golfers acting in an inappropriate manner or refusing to follow golf course policies may be denied golf privileges without warning or refund.
- Children under the age of 6 are welcome at the clubhouses, pro-shops and areas designated for special events. They are not allowed on the golf course or practice facilities.
- Foursomes have priority on the golf course. Twosomes and threesomes can expect to be paired up during busy times.
- Each golfer must register before play and have a set of golf clubs.
- All golfers must tee off from the 1st tee unless otherwise directed by the Golf Shop staff.
- Soft spikes are the only spikes allowed at all city golf facilities.
- Fivesomes may be permitted at the discretion of the host golf professional.
- Privately owned power golf cars: A daily trail fee must be paid before play unless a seasonal trail fee has been purchased. A seasonal trail fee sticker must be displayed on the front of the golf car.
- No outside beer, alcoholic beverages, or coolers may be brought onto the golf premises.
- Each golfer accepts responsibility for damage to property and injury to persons caused by his or her golf balls leaving the golf courses or practice areas. Golfers shall use appropriate caution and shall immediately report to the Golf Shop any damage or injury caused.
Junior Play Policies
Definition: Age 8-18
- A junior golfer may play anytime when accompanied by a parent or guardian
- A junior golfer playing without a parent may play:
- Weekdays: Tee off #1 or #10 before 3 PM or after 6 PM
- Weekends & Holidays: Tee off after 11 AM
3.These polices may be relaxed during periods of light play at the discretion of the host golf professional.
Young Junior Play Policies
Definition: Age 6-7 years old or participants age 5 enrolled in City of Rochester golf programs.
- Young Juniors may play golf after 3 PM on weekends and holidays
- Young Juniors may play golf during the week at the host golf professional’s discretion.
- A parent or guardian is required to accompany a young junior playing golf.
- Young juniors are required to keep pace with other groups on the course.
- Young juniors are required to exhibit proper golf etiquette.
- Young juniors may play at any of the city golf courses.