The Rochester Energy Commission was created in 2009. The Rochester City Council has charged the Commission with a leadership role in the development of the City's sustainable energy future. By the direction of the Council, and assistance of City Staff, the Commission has the following objectives:
- Creation of a baseline inventory of energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Recommendation of a target to lower energy use and GHG emissions
- Development of a local Energy Action Plan as part of the City's Comprehensive Plan to implement actions that reduce energy use and GHG emissions to targeted levels
- Implementation of the local Energy Action Plan
- Measurement, verification, and reporting of performance
- Rochester City Ordinance 19A
- Rochester Energy Commission By-Laws
- Presentation June 9, 2014 Committee of the Whole
- Post Bulletin Coverage of the COW Presentation
Educational Materials from the Energy Commission
- Meet the Energy Commission
- City Idling Reduction Policy
- Watt Does It Take to Power Rochester?
- RPU's Electrical Infrastructure Plan - 2015 Update
- City Councilman Wojcik's summarizes RPU's Infrastructure Plan Update
- Rochester Zoning Permitting Scan
- Minnesota Solar Suitability Analysis
- REC Educational Brochure
- RPU releases survey on customer satisfaction and opinions on energy and sustainability issues
- EDF Climate Corps Final Report
- COW Presentation - August 8, 2016
- Future of Sustainability - final report
- Sustainability Coordinator Toolkit
- DMC:What will it take to meet Energy Action Plan Goals?
Developing Rochester's Energy Action Plan
- City of Rochester EAP Work Plan Schedule_draft (7/15)
- Rochester EAP Community Wide Energy Presentation with CEE
- Final Energy Action Plan
The Rochester Energy Commission shall consist of nine members. The Mayor shall appoint the Commission members with the City Council's advice and consent. One member of the Commission shall be a current City Council member.
Here is a link to the on-line application for a position on the Energy Commission.
- Anna Richey, Chair
- Cory Rubin, member
- Michael Wojcik, Council Representative
- Steven Nyhus, Ex-Officio
- Kelly O'Marro, member
- Michael Cook
- Raymond Schmitz
- Dave Reichert
For meeting agendas, packets and minutes go to the City's Meeting Portal.