Transit Oriented Development (TOD) - Kickoff
The TOD will be discussed at the dates listed below:
- August 6, 2018 - TOD Kickoff at the Committee of the Whole
- August 7, 2018 - TOD Stakeholder Meeting from 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm at Conference A, 2122 Campus Drive SE
The City of Rochester has hired Clarion Associates to prepare targeted updates to the City’s Land Development Regulations. These updates will address:
- Infill & Redevelopment in Neighborhoods near Downtown
- Transit-Oriented and Transit-Supportive Development
- Incentives & Restricted Development
- General Updates to Implement the Comprehensive Plan
Clarion Associates is a national land use consulting firm that has completed over 180 zoning and development code revision projects throughout the U.S. and Canada.
General Work Plan
The purpose of this project is to update Rochester’s regulations to reflect current best practices in infill development, development incentives, restricted development, and transit-oriented development, and to reflect the emerging land use and transportation goals in the draft Planning 2 Succeed (P2S) comprehensive plan. This project is scheduled to take place between January 2018 and July 2019, and the City will provide multiple opportunities and channels for public engagement throughout the process.
Transit-Oriented Development Interim Overlay
If you have questions or comments about any aspect of the Land Development Regulations Update
project, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Department.