201 4th Street SE, Room 108
Rochester, MN 55904
The 2020 Rochester Garden Grants applications is OPEN!
Thinking about adding a rain garden or pollinator plantings to your landscape? Its never too early to start planning!
The City of Rochester is offering grants for residents and land managers to establish pollinator habitat and water stewardship gardens. A limited number of grants for $1000 or less will be available each year. Eligible expenses include the cost for design, plants, mulch, soil amendments, related materials, and labor. More details of the grant award and requirements can be found within the grant application packets.
Applications will be accepted from February 1 to June 1, 2020.
2020 Rochester Garden Grants documents
To apply: open the link above, download the document, complete all pages either by using a computer or by hand after printing, include your garden design plan and signed agreement. Submit hard copy via mail or digital copy via email. Please keep a copy for your records. Detailed instructions included on page 7 of the application document. Only complete applications will be considered. Call Stephanie at 507-328-2440 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Rochester Garden Grants completed projects list
- Rogers Garden: 6137 Somersby Court NW (2016)
- Miller Garden: 4814 57th Street NW (2016)
- Sunset Terrace Elementary Garden: 1707-19th Avenue NW (2015)
- Hostetter Garden: 5125 Manor Brook Drive NW (2015)
- Olsen Garden: 1427-15th Avenue NW (2014)
- Savage Garden: 2049-50th Street NW (2013)
- John Adams Middle School Garden: 1525 31st St NW (2013)
- Herman Garden: 2600 Boulder Ridge Drive (2012)
- Blocksome Garden: 6304 Shetland Drive NW (2011)
- Solem Garden: 5720-23rd Avenue NW (2011)
- Petersen Garden: 621-3rd Street NW (2010)
- Swanson Garden: 2421-18th Avenue NW (2010)
- Viking Village Garden: Viking Village Drive NW, behind unit #53 (2010)
- MacIlraith Garden: 2915-15th Avenue NW (2009)
- Sehl Garden: 1865-21st Avenue NW (2009)
- Berg Garden: 2166 17th St. NE (2018)
- Blader Garden: 1209 14th Ave NE (2018)
- Limberg Garden: 1417 21st Avenue NE (2017)
- Rohleder Garden: 3185 Rosemary Lane NE (2017)
- Belisle/Reisdorf Garden: 2917 Stone Parke Drive NE (2016)
- Listos Preschool & Childcare: 1503 2nd Avenue NE (2016)
- Gonzalez Garden: 3485 Jasper Court NE (2014)
- Walker Gardens: 1734-22nd Ave NE (2011, 2014)
- Spencer Garden: 1914 Viola Heights Lane NE (2013)
- Anderson Garden: 16-7th Avenue NE (2010)
- Tarnow Garden: 2114 Glenview Lane NE (2010)
- Rivera Garden: 1201-19th Avenue SW (2015)
- Nelson Garden: 931-8th Avenue SW (2015)
- Pettinger Garden: 808-6th Avenue SW (2014)
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of Rochester Garden: 1727 Walden Lane SW (2014)
- Attleson Garden: 429-19th Avenue SW (2011)
- Wojcik Garden: 984 Fox Knoll Drive SW (2011)
- D'Ambrosio Garden: 801-6th Avenue SW
- Sixta Garden: 425-15th Avenue SW (2009)
- Storino Garden: 1005-23rd Avenue SW (2009)
- Bethel Lutheran Church: 810-3rd Avenue SE (2015)
- Tarashanti Garden: 930-17th Street SE (2011)
- Gathje Garden: 1704-8th Avenue SE (2010)
The Rochester Garden Grants program launched in 2020 is a refresh of the "Realize Rain Gardens Rochester" cost-share grant program. Goals of the original program remain with the addition of encouraging pollinator plantings and removing barriers associated with cost-share programs.
The Realize Rain Gardens Rochester cost-share grant program (2009 - 2019) was co-developed by a task force of interested citizens, landscape professionals, and City Public Works staff. The program was designed to promote the installation of rain gardens that can be used to demonstrate how rain gardens slow, treat, and infiltrate stormwater, while adding beauty to neighborhoods and creating habitat for song birds and butterflies.