COVID-19 InformationInformation and Updates for Community Members

Contact Information

201 4th Street SE, Room 108
Rochester, MN  55904

Phone:  507-328-2440

Contact Us



Stormwater Management Contacts

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Our Team Members

Troy Erickson PE, Water Resources Manager

Questions on development, grading plan requirements, grading regulations, and stormwater credit applications.

Lindsey Bartolomei PE, Water Resources / Grading Engineer 

Questions on development, grading plan requirements, and grading regulations.

Mike Kraszewski CPESC, Stormwater Utility and Flood Control Project Compliance Specialist

Questions regarding stormwater management nearby or onsite of your home or business.

Ryan Thesing, Stormwater Utility and Flood Control Project Compliance Specialist

Questions regarding stormwater management nearby or onsite of your home or business.

Aaron Cunningham, Individual Lot Grading Inspection / Engineering Technician

Questions regarding individual lot drainage, grading, and erosion sediment control.

Stephanie Hatzenbihler, Environmental Education Specialist

General Inquiries, environmental and stormwater education questions, request a speaker for your group or event.


Pollution Reporting to the Minnesota Duty Officer

The Minnesota Duty Officer Program provides 24-Hour-A-Day, 7-Day-A-Week receptionist for emergency requests for state assistance and for reporting petroleum or hazardous materials spills and other serious accidents or incidents. The Duty Officer is a state level assistance resource and has the ability to implement national assistance if needed.

For this reason, it is not necessary to notify the Duty Officer for small incidents or accidents that can easily be handled by local or internal assistance.

 If you spill hazardous material or a petroleum product in Minnesota you must call:

  • Local Authorities (911) - If there is a threat to life or property
  • The Minnesota Duty Officer - If there is a public safety/environmental threat or if state agency notification for reportable spills is required 

Instructions for reporting chemical spills or other contamination to the Minnesota Duty Officer.

Reporting a Fish Kill

Please provide as much information as possible when calling 328-2440 to report a fish kill. Helpful information includes:

  • Date of fish kill
  • Location of fish kill
  • Approximate number of fish found
  • Species of fish found
  • Contact name and phone number of the person that discovered the fish kill

Other questions can be directed as follows:

Public Infrastructure, including snow removal and parking: call Public Works mainline at 507-328-2400 or visit the City of Rochester Public Works Department website.

Utilities, including billing inquiries, utility fee questions, rebates, services changes: call Rochester Public Utilities at 507-280-1500 or visit their website at You can also visit our page on the Stormwater Utility Fee.