Stormwater Management Contacts

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Quick links:

City of Rochester Public Works Department
201 4th Street SE, Room 108, Rochester, MN 55904

Questions and concerns about public infrastructure, including snow removal and parking, should be directed to the Public Works main line at 328-2400.

You can also visit the City of Rochester Public Works Department website for more information related to public infrastructure.

Back to top

City of Rochester - Stormwater Management
Public Works Department
201 4th Street SE, Room 108, Rochester, MN 55904
  • General Inquiries: Stephanie Hatzenbihler at 507-328-2440 or Email Stephanie
  • Stormwater Utility Fee Questions, Corrections, and Billing Information: Customer Service Representatives at RPU at or 507-280-1500 (Utility fee questions relating to wastewater, electricity, and groundwater can also be directed to RPU Customer Service.)
  • Development Questions, Grading Plan Requirements, Grading Regulations, and Stormwater Credit Applications: Troy Ericson at 507-328-2419 or Email Troy
  • Questions regarding stormwater management nearby or onsite of your home or business can be directed to the Stormwater Utility/Flood Control Project Compliance Specialists:
    • You are in the North Service District if you live or operate a business north of Highway 14. Please contact Mike Kraszewski at 507-328-2431 or Email Mike
    • You are in the South Service District if you live or operate a business south of Highway 14. Please contact Ryan Thesing at 507-328-2443 or Email Ryan

Back to top

Rochester Public Utilities
4000 East River Road NE, Rochester, MN 55906

For questions regarding your residential utilities, please contact an RPU at 280-1500 or

RPU customer service representatives can help you with:

  • Payment options
  • Billing inquiries
  • Payment by phone
  • Electric or water usage questions
  • Wastewater utility fee questions
  • Program questions
  • Conserve & Save® Rebates
  • Stop, start, or transfer services
  • General questions

Back to top

Pollution Reporting to the Minnesota Duty Officer

The Minnesota Duty Officer Program provides 24-Hour-A-Day, 7-Day-A-Week receptionist for emergency requests for state assistance and for reporting petroleum or hazardous materials spills and other serious accidents or incidents. The Duty Officer is a state level assistance resource and has the ability to implement national assistance if needed. For this reason, it is not necessary to notify the Duty Officer for small incidents or accidents that can easily be handled by local or internal assistance. If you spill hazardous material or a petroleum product in Minnesota you must call:
  • Local Authorities (911) - If there is a threat to life or property
  • The Minnesota Duty Officer - If there is a public safety/environmental threat or if state agency notification for reportable spills is required 

Instructions for reporting chemical spills or other contaminations to the Minnesota Duty Officer.

Back to top

Reporting a Fish Kill

Please provide as much information as possible when calling 328-2440 to report a fish kill. Helpful information includes:

  • Date of fish kill
  • Location of fish kill
  • Approximate number of fish found
  • Species of fish found
  • Contact name and phone number of the person that discovered the fish kill

Back to top








Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer