River Road Park in NW Rochester is located at the intersection of 62nd Street and West River Road (approx. 1/2 mile north of Essex Park). Plots are available for $30 each and measure 20' x 30'. The garden plots will be available by May 1, depending on weather and soil conditions.
Reservations are taken at the Park and Recreation Department in person, by phone with Visa, Mastercard or Discover or by mailing in the fee on or after January 2, 2020.
^Online Note: Rochester Parks & Recreation uses an online registration system. You can browse the activities without logging in, but to register you will need to create an account and then register for the activities.
Click on the link below to view a map of the garden plots.
- Zumbro South Garden Plots Map* - 1111 Mayowood Road SW
- River Road Garden Plots Map* - 1021 62nd Street NW
- Orange or bright colored fencing is not permitted at River Road Park & Zumbro South garden plots. Fencing must be neutral colors.
- Gardens should be kept clean and free of weeds. This includes any walks adjacent to or bordering other sections of the garden. Your walks and garden plots should be kept neat and tidy. Failure to maintain your garden plot after due warning will result in forfeiture of your gardening privileges. This also includes the dumping of any materials onto adjacent park property.
- Approximately one foot should be left for access paths.
- No structures will be allowed.
- No fertilizers, insecticides or herbicides will be used that will in any way detrimentally affect adjacent gardens or grass areas.
- No pets allowed in or around the gardens.
- You may only reserve a plot for one season and there is no guarantee that you will get the same plot next year. We try to accommodate but it is on a first come - first served basis.
- The garden plots will be available by May 1, depending on weather and soil conditions. DO NOT call before this time. You will be sent a notice of when the plots are available. After May 1 - call 328-2515 to inquire about plot readiness.
- At the end of each gardening season - October 15 - the grounds will be taken care of by the Park and Recreation Department. All crops must be harvested by this date or they will be destroyed. Please remove all non-compostable materials from the garden area by October 15.
- It is important that you always respect the rights of others and appreciate the fact that this land has been made available for your personal use.
- Please make every effort to follow these gardening guidelines. It will help ensure everyone will have a successful and enjoyable gardening experience.