Election Results - Aug. 14 Primary
- CITY ELECTION RESULTS from the Secretary of State
- Canvassing Report - to be added after Canvassing Board meetings Friday, Aug. 17
The next city-wide election events in Rochester is the General Election on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018.
Online tools for voters:
Access your personalized sample ballot for the general election beginning in mid-September to see exactly what your ballot looks like before you go to vote.
Contests Rochester voters will find on the general election ballot in 2018 include:
- United States Senator (Term ending Jan. 3, 2025)
- United Stated Senator (Special Election for term ending Jan. 3, 2021)
- United States Representative for District One
- State Representatives for Districts 25A, 25B, 26A, and 26B
- Governor and Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
- Attorney General
- Supreme Court - Chief Justice, and Associate Justice Seats 1, 2, and 5
- Court of Appeals Seats 2, 4, 6, 7, 12, 15, and 24
- District Court Judges for the 3rd District Court, Seats 1, 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 24
- County Commission for Districts 2, 4, and 6
- County Attorney
- County Sheriff
- Soil and Water Conservation Officer for Districts 1, 2, and 3
- Council Member Ward 1
- Council Member Ward 3
- Council Member Ward 5
- School Board Positions 2, 4, 5, and 6
Voters have three choices for how to cast a ballot:
- By mail
- Early in-person at a designated absentee voting location - for the Primary, at Olmsted County Elections at the Fairgrounds
- At your assigned polling place on Election Day.
Election judges are always needed to help serve voters in the polls on Election Day. Consider applying today! You can still sign up and take part in the Nov. 6 General Election.
If you are 16 or 17, you can sign up to be a student election judge and help your friends and neighbors cast their ballots.
Filing for office for candidates occurred from May 22 through June 5, 2018. The Rochester City Clerk's Office is the filing office for all city offices (mayor and city council.)
Candidate Filing Packets: includes information about campaign guidelines and required campaign finance reports